Basic Keelboat 101: Lake Lanier Sailing Lessons
Join the ranks of Christopher Columbus and Ted Turner as you learn the basics of Sailing on Lake Lanier with this fun and challenging Sailing Class and Certification! This 3-day class will take you from a beginner to a certified sailor capable of handling up to a 26 ft. sailboat in moderate conditions. You will learn everything from rigging the sailboat to sailing theory including Nomenclature, Points of Sail, Rules of the Road, Docking, Boater Safety, What to do when the weather changes, some really useful knots and more!
Included in our BKB 101 Sailing Class / Certification:
- Sailing For Fun Official ASA text book. Fun to read and informative.
- American Sailing Association official Log Book to keep a record of your certification and sailing experience.
- American Sailing Association membership enrollment with discounts and benefits.
- Free sail boat rental on one of our school boats following completion of class.
- Certification Award suitable for framing.
- Admittance in one of our sailing clubs designed to “keep you sailing”.
Saturday Sailing Class – $589
Sailing class meets 3 consecutive Saturdays. New classes start the first Saturday of each month March through November. Basic Keelboat 101 Sailing Classes are taught at our Lord Nelson Charters Sailing School on the Lake Lanier Islands Resort at Harbor Landing. Location map of sailing lessons.
Private Sailing Class – Call or email for pricing
Scheduled at your convenience. Ask about our Sailing Buddy discount.
Whether you simply want to learn to sail, take up an exhilarating new sport or charter big sailboats in exotic locations…our sailing lessons and American Sailing Association certifications are the place to start!