Coastal Cruising 103: Sailing Lessons
Advance your sailing skills and move up to larger cruising sailboats with our Basic Coastal Cruising 103 Sailing Class and Certification. These sailing lessons build on your basic sailing knowledge and give you training aboard our 30 -35 ft. sailing yachts featuring wheel steering, inboard diesel engines, navigation electronics and on board systems. BKB 101 Sailing Certification is a pre-requisite.
Sailing Class Certification includes:
- Coastal Cruising Made Easy – Official American Sailing Association BCC 103 Training Manual
- Gear and Equipment – Move up to experience using roller furling, self tailing winches and wheel steering.
- Electronics – Learn how to use depth, speed and wind instruments, VHF radio and 12 volt DC systems.
- Onboard Systems – Larger boats feature Head, pressurized water, propane stove and 110 volt shore power.
- Safety – Includes using the safety harness, first aid, thru hull fittings and fire control.
- Rules of the Road and Navigation Lights – Use NOAA charts and learn COLREGS Rules of the Road.
- Duties of the Skipper and Crew for docking, tasks while under sail and extended cruising information.
- Weather – Learn about weather conditions and how to plan accordingly
- Seamanship – Includes anchoring, picking up a mooring and righting a boat aground. More knots!
Sailing Lessons are offered as the following options;
- 2 – one day sessions or 1 weekend session at our Lake Lanier Sailing School with Sailing Instruction and Certification on Lake Lanier.
Call for pricing and schedule.
- 3 day week-end class at Little River, South Carolina.
Call or email for pricing
Sailing Lessons can be scheduled privately and can be included with Bareboat Chartering 104 in South Carolina, Florida or the Virgin Islands. Call for pricing.